As travelling marketing geek, Martijn has worked around the globe for a variety of employers, mostly eCommerce organisations. Companies operating in various industries, ranging from travel to technology. Browse through the employers list below and you’ll know the marketing playgrounds Martijn worked in and that turned him into the digital marketing & eCommerce professional he is today.
[Digital Marketing & eCommerce contractor]
As a contractor, I’m flexible in planning my hours. Therefore, I always have time to talk about what I as digital marketing contractor or eCommerce contractor can do for your company or brand. Whether it’s for a specific marketing project, setting up or tweaking your eCommerce processes, or interim digital marketing positions, I can fit in your marketing challenge or assignment. I’m based in Auckland (back in New Zealand since January 2016) so a meeting is easily arranged. Simply by getting in touch with me. Let’s talk.
Digital Marketing Geek [contractor]
Perry International Trading Group in Hamilton, New Zealand
May 2016 – Now
This project is about creating the digital marketing strategy for a new brand of Manuka Honey, Three Peaks, and putting it into practice. Working on such a pure, honest and typical New Zealand product is an amazing experience. The digital presence of this unique product will fit the luxury image of this new brand created by the Perry Group. More details will follow as this project develops.
Digital Marketing & eCommerce Geek
Craving Creativity [projects, freelance, contractor]
August 2009 – Now
Craving Creativity is the name of my business as a contractor. Also side projects and niche projects are done by me under this name. It’s like having a digital marketing playground where I can test ideas on a small scale when I’m working in permanent or full-time contracting positions.
During smaller contracting projects or part-time positions, niche websites and projects have been launched by me as Craving Creativity.
Senior Online Marketer / Digital Brand Manager [contractor]
Pure Energie (Raedthuys) in Enschede, the NetherlandsFebruary 2015 – November 2015 | website
industry: renewable energy (eCommerce)
Working on a relatively new and beautiful brand: Pure Energie (renewable energy / Dutch wind power), a brand of the Raedthuys Group. The goal of the project is to make the Pure Energie brand top-of-mind in the minds of its potential customers. Increasing online sales by optimising processes. Engaging with customers and inspiring them by using social media, social commerce, and community tools.
- Brought e-commerce processes in line with ambitious growth plans.
- Created (with external agency) and launched the new website focused on sales (improved user experience).
- Monitored, analysed, and managed eCommerce processes (webshop).
- Worked closely with other departments to create a seamless, best-in-class customer experience from online to offline.
- Introduced email marketing via ClickDimensions (ClickDimensions is the top-rated marketing automation solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
- Launched successful online campaigns (display advertising, pre-roll videos, and affiliate marketing) to increase website visitors and customers.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) focus & strategy.
- Improved Google Adwords campaigns.
- Increased engagement on social media and brought webcare to the next level by using content scheduling and monitoring tools.
- Led team of 2 Digital Marketing Specialists.
Digital Marketing & Communications Manager
Conrad Electronic Benelux BV in Oldenzaal, the NetherlandsJuly 2010 – February 2015 | website
industry: consumer electronics (eCommerce)
Turning Conrad into a top-of-mind brand. Increasing sales and optimising the sales process. Engaging with customers and inspiring them by using social media, social commerce, and the Mancave blog.
- Created online marketing communications plan and yearly marcom calendar.
- Designed, implemented, and fine-tuned social media strategy.
- Took the process of social commerce (feedback from customers) to award-winning level: Customer Oxygen Award 2010 & Social Commerce Best In Class 2011.
- Created successful online marketing campaigns by using tools like pre-roll video, display, and social media advertising to increase website visitors.
- Enhanced brand-name awareness through radio, TV, and online campaigns.
- Active member of customer journey project (came up with methods to exceed the expectations of customers).
- Launched Mancave blog and build a community around it.
- Created and launched webcare strategy (SLA-based).
- Combined online and offline marketing in creative concepts like pop-up stores and augmented reality (Layar).
- Led team of 3 Marketing Communication Specialists.
Product Manager Neckermann
Thomas Cook in Hoofddorp, the NetherlandsOctober 2009 – June 2010 | website
industry: online travel
Commercially responsible for part of the product portfolio (Spain) at Neckermann (travel brand specialised in packaged holidays).
- Improved online & offline presence of product portfolio (hotels and apartments).
- Liaised between Product Management department and e-commerce / IT.
- Improved conversion by optimising specific destination related pages of the website.
- Driving force in online marketing among Product Managers.
Online Marketing Manager
IEP | International Exchange Programs in Auckland, New ZealandNovember 2006 – April 2009 | website
industry: travel & tourism (eCommerce)
Realised a marketing strategy for all work & travel programmes; in line with IEP’s (non-profit) philosophy and created more of a business mindset within the organisation.
- Created innovative marketing campaigns focused on 18 to 30-year-old Kiwis.
- Shifted marketing campaigns from offline to online, resulting in increased sales.
- Used search engine optimisation (SEO) to improve organic search results.
- Organised and hosted information events (OE evenings) throughout New Zealand.
- Increased online conversion through further website optimisation and flow analysis.
- Established & maintained relationships with partners like STA Travel, YHA, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Grouse Mountain, and Panorama Mountain Resort.
- Led team of 2 Marketing Coordinators and 1 Communication Coordinator.
Product Marketing & Corporate Marketing
PQR BV in De Meern, the NetherlandsSeptember 1999 – August 2006 | website
industry: ICT / technology (business to business)
Responsible for marketing activities on business unit level and at corporate level:
- Wrote Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) plan.
- Developed, executed, and maintained branding strategy of PQR.
- Designed and created (with external agency) advertising and direct mail campaigns, as well as presentations, collateral, flyers, PR, and email newsletters.
- Created (with external agency) and launched the new website.
- Organised and hosted seminars, workshops, tradeshows, and incentive events.
- Created branding for new online security concept.
- Developed joint marketing projects with partners HP, Cisco, Checkpoint, Enterasys, Trend Micro, Mitel, and Axis.
Account Manager Networking
PQR BV in De Meern, the NetherlandsFebruary 1999 – September 1999 | website
industry: ICT / technology (business to business)
- Sold and purchased computer network related products.
- Responsible for acquiring new customers.
- Developed and implemented innovative rental concept (Rent-A-Cisco).
More information about the companies Martijn Bier has worked for can be found on LinkedIn. Let’s connect!